Technical Sales Representative at Dell Computers
- Brisbane Area, Australia
- Information Technology and Services
Patricia O'Driscoll's Overview
- Technical Sales Represenative at Dell
- RAMP Staff at Arvato Finance Services Ltd
- IT Security Administrator at Allianz Insurance PLC
- Technology Intern at Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- University of Limerick
- Colaiste Na Toirbhirte
Patricia O'Driscoll's Experience
Technical Sales Represenative
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; DELL; Information Technology and Services industry
May 2011 – March 2013 (1 year 11 months) Cherrywood, Dublin
- Generate sales by receiving and making calls to corporate customers which include needs analysis, product information, technical specifications, demonstration if appropriate and field based account manager to visit and consult with customer base.
- Use and follow up of marketing/product plays. Utilisation of Business Development Manager and Acquisition Events as Sales Tools to help them Acquire New Accounts.
- Meet quota target by selling DELL's range of products and services via predominantly outbound sales calls using consultative selling techniques.
- Preparation of timely and accurate quotations and orders to meet customer requests whilst promoting the sale of stock / products and services which DELL may have a special promotion on from time to time. Eg. New Prod. releases, Warehouse sales etc
- Projects monthly forecasting of sales and is required to keep abreast of product and/or contract renewal dates ahead of schedule so as to adequately prepare for the next round of product evaluations and purchase thereof.
- Profiling of Accounts to help build Customer Intelligence.
- Analysis and preparation of sales and customer reports to assist Sales Mgmt in the evaluation of customer buying habits and trends.
- Is required to keep own knowledge abreast of technological advances in the I.T. industry with particular emphasis on competitor products, services and pricing.
- Excellent selling skills
- Organisational and prioritization skills
- Hands on approach with a results focus
- High level of energy, teamwork and maturity
- Highly motivated with a passion to succeed
- Basic telephone and sales tools
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Self motivation and self discipline
- Ability to multi-task
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Outsourcing/Offshoring industry
May 2010 – August 2010 (4 months) Microsoft EMEA Operations Centre, Sandyford Industrial Estate, Dublin
Duties and Accountabilities
* Responsible for maintaining strict service levels with client activities
* Responsible for validating order information.
* Review Orders to ensure all legal requirements are met & documentation is complete
* Posses & enforce an expert level of understanding current revenue recognition guidelines as established by Finance & compliant with Sox procedure
* Routinely evaluate workload and prioritize based on the Company revenue needs, customer sensitivity and follow guidance from Team Lead
* Responsible for identifying any productivity and quality improvement measures and flagging to Team Lead as soon as possible
* Serve as backup support to others on the team with the resolution of more complex or unusual problems.
* Suggest more efficient ways for processing of work; learn new areas for possible future ownership
Knowledge and Competency Requirements
* Strong administration and organization skills
* Keen eye for detail to ensure high accuracy
* Proactively develops plans to avoid potential problems & takes ownership of issues when they arise
* Serve as a helpful point of contact for new hires in regards to issue’s/training
* Ability to work under pressure
* Flexibility at peak business periods ie Fiscal Period End
* PC literate, good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products essential
IT Security Administrator
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Insurance industry
August 2009 – January 2010 (6 months)
Supporting the entire organization, both technical and business, in security management to enable the ongoing secure growth of the business; Assisting in the enforcement of information security policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Gained experience working with systems such as AD, TIBCO, SupportWorks, Lotus Notes and the I90 and AS400 platforms; Enabling access to systems and programs for all users on a daily basis.
Assisting in the co-ordination of joiners, leavers and team transfer procedures.
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; BAC; Financial Services industry
May 2008 – August 2008 (4 months)
Database analysis using MS SQL 2000 and also involded in migration to MS SQL 2005 towards the end of my time there.
Created scripts using MS Excel for database analysis.
Involved in creating DTS packages.
General daily checks to ensure systems are running correctly.
Involed in creating an implementing a SharePoint site with resources for future ML interns.
Patricia O'Driscoll's Languages
Patricia O'Driscoll's Skills & Expertise
Patricia O'Driscoll's Education
University of Limerick
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Information Systems
2005 – 2011
Colaiste Na Toirbhirte
1999 – 2005
Patricia O'Driscoll's Additional Information
Contact Patricia for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch