Audit Senior at Deloitte Ireland
David O'Halloran's Overview
- Chartered Accountants Ireland
- Dublin City University
- St. Pauls College
David O'Halloran's Experience
Government Agency; 51-200 employees; Accounting industry
March 2012 – July 2012 (5 months) Dublin
Held a contract position of Auditor for a period of 4 months during 2012 with the OCAG’s office. During this time I gained experience of working in the Irish public sector and I was able to develop and expand my knowledge in the following areas:
- Worked as an auditor on a number of Semi-State Government Departments including Government Votes and Vocational Education Committees(VEC’s).
- Solely responsible to complete large sections of Vote and VEC audits as well as fully completing smaller departmentaly audits.
- Review of Financial statements in accordance with Irish GAAP and VEC Government Standards.
Documented all findings in areas of Income and Expenditure and reported any significant weaknesses to management.
- Performed tests of Procurement and Expense Claims to ensure that correct procedures were being followed as set out by Circulars of the Irish Public sector.
- Regular communication with clients to ensure that all Public Sector Circulars were being adhered to.
- Discussed issues with the client that were raised in the prior year Management Letter and ensuring the recommendations were correctly implemented.
- Discussed any issues that we found during the audit with the senior auditor and the client. Made sure these issues were flagged and recommendations noted in Management letter.
Partnership; 1001-5000 employees; Management Consulting industry
August 2008 – February 2012 (3 years 7 months) Ireland
My experience in Deloitte over the last 3 years has been in the Financial Service sector.
I have gained experience mainly in the areas of Funds and some work on Special Purpose Vehicles. In particular I have worked as a senior to a number of large Cayman Funds . This experience has led me to develop knowledge around the following key areas:
• Investments Analysis – Understanding the different types of investments purchased and sold by a fund.
• Share Class Analysis – Analyzing the subscription and redemption process, together with testing accuracy around calculation of Equalization and performance fees.
• Valuation of Financial Instruments and Hedge Accounting
• Regulatory requirement- Understanding the Regulatory environment around which the fund operates and the following the formant for which it was set up. In particular I worked on a number of UCIT and Non-UCIT funds, as well as a number of Master/Feeder structures.
• Related Party Transactions
• Litigation and Claims
• Financial Statements- Review of Consolidated Financial Statement and Consolidated Adjustments.
• Good understanding of accounting standards. I have worked on funds prepared under IFRS, US GAAP and Irish GAAP.
Commerical Real Estate Lending Analyst
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Banking industry
September 2006 – September 2007 (1 year 1 month) Greater Boston Area
David O'Halloran's Skills & Expertise
David O'Halloran's Education
Chartered Accountants Ireland
Qualified Accountant (ACA)
2008 – 2011
Dublin City University
BBS, Business Studies
2004 – 2008
St. Pauls College
1998 – 2004
David O'Halloran's Additional Information
Contact David for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch