Software Engineer at Clavis Technology
- Information Technology and Services
Gary Rutledge's Overview
- Software Engineer at Clavis Technology
- National College of Ireland
- Dublin City University
5 people have recommended Gary
Gary Rutledge's Skills & Expertise
Gary Rutledge's Experience
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Computer Software industry
November 2012 – Present (8 months) Dublin city centre
Working as part of a team delivering Data Quality Governance Software.
Responsible for developing new components, bug fixes and automation of reoccurring manual tasks using Ruby on Rails and related technologies.
Developing agile solutions for complex problems and implementing TDD/BDD approaches to development.
Devising enhancements to existing components that contribute to product goals and participating in functional and design specifications.
Deploying and providing support to the latest software releases.
Ruby on Rails Developer
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
February 2012 – October 2012 (9 months)
• Designed & built elegant solutions to address a broad variety of issues for both internal & external users
• Regularly collaborated with stakeholders from multiple departments to develop specs, obtain feedback & ensure features being shipped fulfilled key project objectives
• Maintained ownership & responsibility over my projects from initial concept to shipping
• Implemented an Agile approach to development & collaboration through BDD / TDD
• Responsible for delivering and deploying new features & bug fixes on a weekly basis
• Development of IT Admin panel, allowing IT staff to manage users, web stores and ads through a protected web interface with full validation
• Development of Sales team admin panel allowing staff to manage clients and web stores, notification of deadlines and perform restricted actions regarding payments, renewals and expiration.
• Major refactoring of website codebase, reducing dependencies and ensuring clean and maintainable code throughout.
Web Technologies Computing Support Tutor
Educational Institution; 51-200 employees; Higher Education industry
September 2010 – December 2011 (1 year 4 months)
• Providing 1:1 tutorials for learners requiring additional support at certificate, bachelors degree and higher diploma level
• Providing supplementary classes for students in Multimedia, Web Design, Introduction to programming and Introduction to Computing
• Assisting lecturers in tutorials and seminars
• Preparing and conducting lectures to full classes of students without assistance
Educational Institution; 1001-5000 employees; Higher Education industry
September 2009 – May 2010 (9 months)
• Running and managing the 200 member society
• Chairing the committee meetings
• Liaising with DCU Student Union representatives and resolving committee
• Devising and conducting the workshop lessons
• Organising talks with industry professionals
• Managing and supervising frequent trips to galleries, events and
foreign trip to Bruges for forty members.
Gary Rutledge's Education
National College of Ireland
Postgraduate Diploma in Web Technologies, Web Technologies
2010 – 2011
Activities and Societies: NCI Skiing Society, NCI Airsoft Society
Dublin City University
Bachelours of Science in Multimedia, Multimedia
2007 – 2010
For my major project I developed a social networking website where students and teachers could register and then host an online lesson with webcams, audio and whiteboards through Adobe’s Flash Media Interactive Server.
Activities and Societies: Photography Society Chairperson 2009 - 2010 Media Production Society Tv Station Manager 2007-2008 Students Union Events Steward 2008 - 2010
Gary Rutledge's Languages
German(Limited working proficiency)
Gary Rutledge's Additional Information
- Groups and Associations:
- Honors and Awards:
Dublin City University's Photography Society Chairperson 2009 -2010
Dublin City University's Media Production Society Tv Station Manager 2007-2008
Contact Gary for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Gary Rutledge’s full profile to...
- See who you and Gary Rutledge know in common
- Get introduced to Gary Rutledge
- Contact Gary Rutledge directly